7 Supplements for Anxiety Relief
Anxiety is a common mental health condition that can significantly impact daily life. While there are many traditional treatments for anxiety, some people may prefer to explore natural options, including supplements. Here are the top 10 supplements for anxiety relief.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Omega-3s are essential for brain function and can help reduce anxiety symptoms. They work by reducing inflammation, regulating neurotransmitters, improving sleep, and reducing stress/cortisol levels.
- Ashwagandha: This adaptogenic herb has been shown to reduce stress and anxiety levels. Just like with the omega 3’s, studies show that it is also good for reducing inflammation, reducing cortisol levels, and it also improves brain function.
- Magnesium: Magnesium is an essential mineral for overall health and can help reduce anxiety symptoms. This mineral can help in several different ways, such as: regulating the stress hormone Cortisol, GABA, and Serotonin, and it also improves sleep. Did you know that more than 50% of Americans are deficient in magnesium?
- Valerian Root: This herb has a sedative effect and may help reduce anxiety and promote relaxation. Research has shown that it can increase levels of GABA (helps to regulate nerve cells), and relaxes your muscles,
- Lavender: Lavender is a popular aromatherapy option that can help reduce anxiety and promote relaxation. Studies show that it can improve sleep by lowering stress, and regulating the GABA and glutamatergic NMDA receptors.
- Passionflower: This herb has a calming effect and may help reduce anxiety symptoms mainly through the regulation of GABA receptors.
- L-Theanine: This amino acid is found in green tea and can help promote relaxation and reduce anxiety symptoms. It helps with anxiety by increasing alpha brain waves, improving brain function when in combination with caffeine, and regulating several neurotransmitters.
- Chamomile: This herb has a calming effect and may help reduce anxiety symptoms.
It’s important to note that while supplements may be helpful for some people, they are not a substitute for professional medical care. It’s always best to consult with a healthcare provider before starting any new supplement regimen, especially if you are currently taking medication or have a medical condition. Incorporating these supplements into a healthy lifestyle, along with other anxiety-reducing strategies such as exercise and stress management techniques, can help promote overall wellbeing and reduce anxiety symptoms
More Helpful Resources for Anxiety Relief
8 Strategies to manage anxiety – https://thesubtlepoint.com/8-strategies-to-manage-anxiety/
Acupuncture for Anxiety relief – https://thesubtlepoint.com/acupuncture-for-anxiety/
Top 7 foods for anxiety relief – https://thesubtlepoint.com/top-7-foods-for-anxiety-relief/
If you are looking for a Denver acupuncture clinic for help with anxiety, or need help with your digestive problems, headaches, pain, psychological conditions, or women’s health issues, contact us today at (720)285-6251 or book an appointment online.